What a beautiful day!
2268 Chestnut Street
San Francisco, CA 94123-2638
This place is a perfect stop if you are looking for on overwhelming amount of food. It’s another Marina brunch spot so come early. We ordered omelets (bacon, avocado, sour cream and cheddar omelet and mushroom, spinach, onion and cheddar omelet) and homefries. The omelet was outstanding but there was no way possible one could finish it.
2889 Mission St
(between 24th St & 25th St)
San Francisco, CA 94110
We couldn’t come to California and not eat Mexican food. Deeply nestled well into the Mission is this well known little burrito spot. It definitely gets hyped up – but it’s well-deserved. The counter staff speaks to you in Spanish so either speak it back or order confidently. We had the pork burrito with cheese and avocado and chicken tacos. This place has a great atmosphere and I suggest lunch with a beer here.
3198 16th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103-3363
Happy Birthday Ashley! We celebrated for a second night in a row with some old (and new!) friends. This place has wonderful cocktails and very good small plates. I was so distracted by the company and celebration that I barely ate (and also forgot to take pictures). What I did eat was great and the short ribs really stood out. We shared the following between 9 people and we were fully content:
- Ahi Tartar Tacos with Chili and Lime, Mango Salsa
- Trio of Tartares: Ahi Tuna Taco, Wasabi Hamachi, Salmon Poke
- Curly Polenta Fries, Spicy Tomato Vinaigrette
- Halibut Paillard with Cilantro, Ginger, Soy, and Hot Grapeseed Oil
- Coca-Cola Braised Short-ribs with White Bean Salad
- Duck Dumplings with Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce
- Butternut Squash Raviolis with Sage and Butter Sauce